Thursday, March 24, 2011

"First Entry" 

Although I created this blog several months ago, this is my first entry.

My primary reasoning for starting this blog, and the main focus of my entries here, is to display the images that I'm creating with 3D software.  I am posting some of these at various other sites, but this blog will collect all of the ones that I choose to share with humanity (or whatever other species might be paying attention).


Although I bought a version of Poser many years ago, I never spent much time trying to gain any kind of proficiency.  Then about a year and a half ago, I started trying my hand using DAZ 2.x.  Once again, I didn't spend a lot of time with it.  Then when DAZ 3.x was released, I started dedicating a little more time becoming familiar with the workings of 3D posing.

For my first images, I used the 3Delight renderer included with DAZ.  Then late last summer, I jumped on the release of Reality 1.0, which bridges DAZ to LuxRender.  Although there was much more time involved in the rendering process than with 3Delight, the light was much more natural and predictable.  I still spend a lot of creation time tweaking the lighting, but to me, Reality/Lux just makes more sense for 99% of my images.


As far as post work, I don't have Photoshop, nor am I in a position to outlay the kind of cash required for a legitimate version.  So I'm using GIMP 2.6x, which is serving me just fine . . . with one notable exception: my Wacom tablet.  There is still something funky going on between GIMP and Wacom tablets, but hopefully it gets sorted in the next major release.


So what follows are my rendered images, for which I welcome any and all comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment